[vlc-devel] VLC (my answer to message from Michi)

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at nxtelevision.com
Wed Jul 18 21:55:52 CEST 2007

> >To your installer: You did a good work!!!Screenshots: I think you
> >have the same questions as me:On the second screen there is the same
> >version string like: ${VERSION}You can put something at the beginning
> >of vlc.win32.nsi like: !define VERSION "0.8.6d" to correct thatbut
> >i think this is NOT right! it is some compiler option - maybe from
> >NSISBut this is not relevant for our translating. The comiler-guys
> >will fix itAnd on the fourth screen there is a string not translated-
> >the selection of the install - I think this is also not translated in
> >other versions.Or what do you think? Look in the vlc.win32.nsi you
> >find these stringsthat are not translated in the installer.

> I assumed, that we have a small problem with Version-string. But, as
> you said, maybe it will be fixed by compiling of a final version of
> installer.

in vlc.win32.nsi.in there is ${VERSION} which is replaced by the good
version when the build system generate the vlc.win32.nsi .
If you have a vlc.win32.nsi where the variable hasn't been replaced
there have been a bug somewhere.

> To the fourth screenshot: Yes, you have truth, some strings are still
> not translated, because they are imported from vlc.win32.nsi. And this
> is just a problem.
> Xtophe reminiscenced some "own" strings, (the strings, there are only
> by vlc installer filled up) and now I know already, what he meant. In
> my opinion could be
> this problem solved by some programmer. What do you think about this
> opinion?

If the solution doesn't exist already in NSIS, it's more a nsis
developer we will need.

--
Xtophe