[vlc-devel] How To get builds working again without getText 0.16.1?

Tony Anecito adanecito at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 30 00:08:44 CEST 2007

Hi All,

Since someone changed the build to require getText
0.16.1 builds for developers using cygwin have
stopped. I have looked on the net and it appears
support for getText for 0.16.1 appears non-existant.
Is there a safe way to convert back before that
happened or at least setup something to not do that
part of the build that uses getText? All I want to do
is get the latest changes for the java bindings that
fix sync issues that are critical for me to have.
Cygwin took a very long time to setup and going to
another build system under windows is not an option.

Regards,
-Tony