[vlc-devel] Writing Hooks for VLC

Prathapnirmal prathapnirmal at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 12:32:32 CEST 2007

Hi VLC Gurus,
  Thanks a lot for the great player. I am a developer in media streaming and
in one of my projects we need to broadcast a stream from a server using
rtsp/rtp protocols. The input stream is sent over http from a server and the
format is proprietary. So before streaming I have to remove some data from
the input to convert it into a pure mp4 data. Then I can supply the same as
a input to the vlc to broadcast it. I was thinking if I can write some kind
of a hook in vlc which will be called automatically when it receives input
over http. My hook should do the processing of stripping the proprietary
information and returning a pure mp4. I was looking for some architectural
documents to find out more info, but i thought asking gurus from this list
will be a better option. Any ideas highly appreciated.

Please let me know if you need further explanation.

thanks

~
prathapnirmal

--