[vlc-devel] [RFC] Qt4 Playlist

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Thu Jun 28 23:16:44 CEST 2007

Heya,

I don't like the current Qt4 main interface behaviour for many reasons,
but mainly because of the ML/PL replacing the video which is very
unexpected from what it used to be.

Therefore, what I propose is to have a playlist than would go UNDER the
control buttons and could be undocked easily.

What I suggest is to make this playlist a QDockWidget (like KDevelop,
Visual Studio and Qt-Designer) and to let it go left/right/under the
main interface and undocked/docked.

What are the drawbacks of that solution ? Well, our level of
customization may be reduced, and I don't know how to put a custom menu
in it.
However, this solution works pretty well on linux and windows and has
been tested for some time.

I would like opinions on that one.

Best Regards,

--