[vlc-devel] [RFC] Qt4 Playlist

Rafaël Carré funman at videolan.org
Fri Jun 29 02:40:17 CEST 2007

Le jeudi 28 juin 2007 à 23:16 +0200, Jean-Baptiste Kempf a écrit :
> Heya,
>
> I don't like the current Qt4 main interface behaviour for many reasons,
> but mainly because of the ML/PL replacing the video which is very
> unexpected from what it used to be.

For me the main problem is the video being docked at the same place than
the Playlist

> Therefore, what I propose is to have a playlist than would go UNDER the
> control buttons and could be undocked easily.

That would rock !

> What I suggest is to make this playlist a QDockWidget (like KDevelop,
> Visual Studio and Qt-Designer) and to let it go left/right/under the
> main interface and undocked/docked.

I'm not sure that the position could be customized like that, but why
not?

> What are the drawbacks of that solution ? Well, our level of
> customization may be reduced, and I don't know how to put a custom menu
> in it.

I don't know what's that 'custom menu'.
If the playlist position is customisable, could it be changed on the
fly ? only in the settings ?

--
Rafaël Carré <funman at videolan.org>