[vlc-devel] Re: Google SoC

George Bray georgebray at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 13:54:00 CET 2007

On 3/1/07, Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org> wrote:

> > I do not know what VLC does with subtitles, but I had a feeling most of
> > the
> > stuff there is already mostly implemented. SoC is a two (or is it three?)
> > months job...
> Well, it lacks a lots of things, sorry to say it. And this is still of the main reasons ppl choose MPC over VLC under Windows...

It would be great to have an easy way to extract subtitles from all
the types of embedding used in different formats of video streams.
DVB, line 23, etc.  Google could be interested because it's a really
hard, but discrete task. And who wouldn't like search google videos
with text.

geo

--
George Bray - University of Canberra, Australia