[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r19083 (courmisch)

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Thu Mar 1 21:12:13 CET 2007

Le jeudi 1 mars 2007 21:56, Pierre d'Herbemont a écrit :
> Seems wrong to me as VLC_Destroy() will destroy p_libvlc. And the
> thread sigth could trigger VLC_Die() which makes use of p_libvlc,
> resulting in a crash.

Yes. I meant the lock to avoid that, but I somehow (:-$ !) forgot to use
it in the parent thread.

Good point anyway, it should be fixed now.

> So we have to cancel the thread before calling
> VLC_Destroy(). What was the reason for that change?

Does not work. If VLC refuses to die, the main thread will stall in
VLC_Cleanup()/VLC_Destroy() and SigHandler will not be able to call
abort() as it did (in the earlier old async-unsafe implementation).

http://www.remlab.net/