[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r19076 (sigmunau)

Remi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Fri Mar 2 11:40:49 CET 2007

On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 11:01:42 +0100, Sigmund Augdal <sigmund.augdal at gmail.com> wrote:
> I do have some concerns about the current code even if these does not
> seem to bue the cause of my issues. You should only fall back to
> CLOCK_REALTIME in case clock_nanosleep returns ENOTSUP, it may return
> other values according to documentation.

ENOTSUP is returned for known unsupported clocks. EINVAL is returned for
unknown clocks. The only other error is EINTR, which we should handle in
a nicer way, but the old nanosleep() implementation has never done so,
and neither did the archaic select(), and nobody has ever complained.

> This is particularly true for CLOCK_ABSTIME in which case it might end
> up sleeping indefinitly on a false fallback.

Uh?

Even if that were to happen on Linux, monotonic clock = system uptime
which is smaller than real (UTC computed from Epoch) time, or you have
a REALLY impressive uptime...

http://www.remlab.net/