[vlc-devel] The VL bugdays - starting friday

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Mon Mar 5 17:22:09 CET 2007

Hi everyone,

This is one of the things that came up during FOSDEM. I want to do
monthly "bugdays".

The idea is to go trough trac, and select some bugs on which we will
all work together one evening.
Goals are to fix bugs that apparently no one wants to fix, and at the
very least pinpoint more exactly their origins and document this in
Trac. Users are encouraged to come in and report their bugs (no
feature requests please).

The bug evenings will not be as formal as Gentoo bugdays and stuff,
but the idea is to get a "known" time at which many developers will
be online and get some stuff done.
Since there is no time like tomorrow, I'd figure we start friday with
the first bugday/evening. European Time of course, let's say 19:30 CET.
I'm not sure if Friday is the best day, but from my experience,
friday is usually an evening with already strong presence of the
developers.

I'll see if i can select a couple of bugs beforehand, and I'll make a
list of them on wiki:
http://wiki.videolan.org/wiki/Bugday

DJ