[vlc-devel] Re: The VL bugdays - starting friday

Mark Moriarty mfmbusiness at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 5 22:47:57 CET 2007

Super idea, DJ.

-----Original Message-----
From: vlc-devel-bounce at videolan.org [mailto:vlc-devel-bounce at videolan.org]
On Behalf Of Derk-Jan Hartman
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2007 11:22 AM
To: vlc-devel at videolan.org
Subject: [vlc-devel] The VL bugdays - starting friday

Hi everyone,

This is one of the things that came up during FOSDEM. I want to do monthly
"bugdays".

The idea is to go trough trac, and select some bugs on which we will all
work together one evening.
Goals are to fix bugs that apparently no one wants to fix, and at the very
least pinpoint more exactly their origins and document this in Trac. Users
are encouraged to come in and report their bugs (no feature requests
please).

The bug evenings will not be as formal as Gentoo bugdays and stuff, but the
idea is to get a "known" time at which many developers will be online and
get some stuff done.
Since there is no time like tomorrow, I'd figure we start friday with the
first bugday/evening. European Time of course, let's say 19:30 CET.
I'm not sure if Friday is the best day, but from my experience, friday is
usually an evening with already strong presence of the developers.

I'll see if i can select a couple of bugs beforehand, and I'll make a list
of them on wiki:
http://wiki.videolan.org/wiki/Bugday

DJ