[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r19402 (fenrir)

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Sat Mar 24 00:30:46 CET 2007

Le vendredi 23 mars 2007 21:43, Subversion daemon a écrit :
> r19402 | fenrir | 2007-03-23 20:43:48 +0100 (Fri, 23 Mar 2007) | 2
> lines Changed paths:
>    M /trunk/src/network/io.c
>
> Fixed net_Read and net_Write (poll can be interrupted).

I am not convinced this is correct at all. Which signals is causing a
problem? polls are not supposed to be interrupted in the first place,
or there is likely a bug somewhere else. Eating up a signal silently is
plain wrong.

Most interesting signals are already blocked in every thread except the
signal handler one, and simply cannot occur (or there is a bug
somewhere else, such as in bindings). Most others are supposed to crash
the process anyway (signals with Core or Term default handlers), and
are not relevant. This includes all the RT signals also (though LibVLC
does not use them directly anyway).

The remaining signals are ignored by default and won't interrupt poll()
unless, similarly, something else messed up the signal handling.

http://www.remlab.net/