[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r19402 (fenrir)

Laurent Aimar fenrir at via.ecp.fr
Sat Mar 24 01:09:43 CET 2007

On Sat, Mar 24, 2007, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> Le vendredi 23 mars 2007 21:43, Subversion daemon a écrit :
> > r19402 | fenrir | 2007-03-23 20:43:48 +0100 (Fri, 23 Mar 2007) | 2
> > lines Changed paths:
> >    M /trunk/src/network/io.c
> >
> > Fixed net_Read and net_Write (poll can be interrupted).
>
> I am not convinced this is correct at all. Which signals is causing a
> problem? polls are not supposed to be interrupted in the first place,
> or there is likely a bug somewhere else. Eating up a signal silently is
> plain wrong.
Well from man poll:

The poll() function will fail if:
[..]
     EINTR A signal was caught during the poll() function.

And on my computer it happens (not that often but ...)

I haven't used poll very much but for it seems similar to select man page.
For select we handle it and I am sure it is needed.

--
fenrir