[vlc-devel] Re: Roadmap and other stuffs.

Pierre d'Herbemont pdherbemont at free.fr
Sun Mar 25 16:58:01 CEST 2007

On 25 mars 07, at 16:35, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:

> Le dimanche 25 mars 2007 16:54, Felix Paul Kühne a écrit :
>> I agree with Jean-Baptiste to branch the current trunk in 3 weeks, so
>> we can finally get this until May to have a good base for SoC.
>
> The autosave issue is completely unresolved - No one even bothered to
> answer my RFC. I don't know how usable Qt4 is. RTCP sender is not
> ready
> for prime time.
>
> I would oppose any planned branching until these issues are resolved.

About the suggestion on gSoC participant to use a branch, I suggest
gSoC participant to use a git branch. With git you can branch the
trunk, do local work, and keep sync-ed with top of the tree. The cool
thing is, there is no need to have a special date for the branching,
and google participants are always working on the most up-to-date
tree (no merge conflict at the end, apart maybe between participants).

Is it doable to do that with SVN? What do you see against doing it
that way?

Pierre.