[vlc-devel] Re: Roadmap and other stuffs.

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Sun Mar 25 17:06:09 CEST 2007

Le dimanche 25 mars 2007 17:58, Pierre d'Herbemont a écrit :
> About the suggestion on gSoC participant to use a branch, I suggest
> gSoC participant to use a git branch. With git you can branch the
> trunk, do local work, and keep sync-ed with top of the tree. The cool
> thing is, there is no need to have a special date for the branching,
> and google participants are always working on the most up-to-date
> tree (no merge conflict at the end, apart maybe between
> participants).

I have been using darcs at work, and I agree that this kind of tool has
great advantages for branching...

But yhe very uncool thing is that it's more complicated than SVN, and
almost none of us know how to use git.

> Is it doable to do that with SVN?
> What do you see against doing it that way?

Not really. You have to create a separate branch, and sync/merge
manually (i.e. create a "non-semantic" copy of each patch).

http://www.remlab.net/