[vlc-devel] MPEG2 program stream streaming

Vinod Madhav Joshi vinodjoshi at tataelxsi.co.in
Tue May 8 07:46:33 CEST 2007

 Hi all,

   I am using vlc player to receive MPEG2 PS streams from Live 555 streaming
server.
   For MPEG PS server is streaming Audio and Video elementary streams as
seperate streams.
   I want to know how to differentiate the audio and video RTP packets?
   I am checking every RTP packet  sent by  server.
   In RTP packet the payload type for video i am getting is 32 which  is
correct.
   But for audio i am getting dynamic payload type, but the DESCRIBE
response is giving payload type as 14(which is static).

   But  vlc is able to play the stream.
   Is vlc using SSRC field of RTP header  to differentiate betweek audio and
video streams?

   Anybody knows about his?