[vlc-devel] Re: MPEG2 program stream streaming

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue May 8 19:01:52 CEST 2007

>\   I am using vlc player to receive MPEG2 PS streams from Live 555 streaming
>server.
>    For MPEG PS server is streaming Audio and Video elementary streams as
>seperate streams.
>    I want to know how to differentiate the audio and video RTP packets?
>    I am checking every RTP packet  sent by  server.
>    In RTP packet the payload type for video i am getting is 32 which  is
>correct.
>    But for audio i am getting dynamic payload type

As I have told you **repeatedly**, this cannot be correct (especially
because you are able to play the stream properly using VLC).  You are
apparently not examining the stream properly.  (I suspect that you
are misinterpreting RTCP packets as RTP packets (which they are not).)
--

Ross Finlayson
Live Networks, Inc.