[vlc-devel] upgrade to the new libdc1394 v2

Andrea Guzzo xant at xant.net
Sat May 12 01:57:35 CEST 2007

Hi All,

I have two requests to port the dc1394 plugin to use the new
libdc1394 (v2.x which has a different api from 1.x).
I think that actually linux distros come with the new libdc1394 and I
noticed that the new one has also some benefits (one of those is the
osx support).
I'm planning to upgrade the dc1394 plugin to use the new api and the
contrib subsystem to use the new v2 branch for the libdc1394 instead
of the old one.

Do you know if any other module uses or depends on libdc1394 v1?
Have anyone else started to work on this upgrade?
Do you think that switching to the new libdc1394 library could be a
problem in some way ?

ciao,
Andrea.