[vlc-devel] new module: access_jack

Julien Plissonneau Duquène julien.plissonneau.duquene at savoirfairelinux.com
Sat May 12 05:05:44 CEST 2007

Hello everyone and especially Jack users,

Here is a module to capture audio input from JACK. Our current version
is attached, and we have a few improvements in the pipeline.

There is no way to reach that module using the GUI for now, but command
line should be fine. For example, to use VLC as an audio recorder:
./vlc -I dummy --jack-input-auto-connect jack:channels=2 --sout
'file/wav:/tmp/test.wav'

Other options are --jack-input-caching (buffer delay in ms) and
--jack-input-use-vlc-pace (read audio at speed of vlc rather than speed
of input, avoids resampling but may cause glitches).

We would be happy to have it reviewed and get some feedback: does it
work for you, are there glitches, errors in the code, suggested
improvements etc.

--
Julien Plissonneau Duquène