[vlc-devel] Re: Vlm and libvlc-- please respond

Andrew Stone stondage123 at yahoo.com
Mon May 14 23:22:36 CEST 2007

Hi Filippo,

I appreciate the branch. I already started working on it today (by creating a local copy of the svn trunk). The main issue looks like some of the 'opaque' data structures have changed. I fixed some of this and got the code to compile, but I still left vlm_MediaNew etc... as undefined for now. It looks like there are some new replacement functions in src/input/vlm.c such as vlm_MediaInstanceNew. I'm still trying to get a handle upon what else needs to be done. I could maybe use a push in the right direction as to what functions to use. For example should I replace all calls to vlm_MediaNew with vlm_MediaInstanceNew ? If I could get some quick help from whoever was previously updating the vlm code I think I can make rapid progress. Although I already appreciate the help you and Olivier have given me.

Also,

Is it possible to get write access to just this branch, so I can keep track of progress?

Thanks,
Andrew