[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r20176 (jpsaman)

Jean-Paul Saman jean-paul.saman at planet.nl
Fri May 18 17:41:33 CEST 2007

Dear VLC developers,

Somehow I managed to piss of courmisch for the n-th time. It is not
intentionally. What do I do wrong here?

Don't get me wrong. I don't mind being told being wrong, but this time I
think courmisch response is out of proportion. The VLC team always
judged people/commits on technical grounds not on personal merits.

Please share me your opinions on this matter.

Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> Le vendredi 18 mai 2007, Subversion daemon a écrit :
>> r20176 | jpsaman | 2007-05-18 14:51:33 +0200 (Fri, 18 May 2007) | 1
>> line Changed paths:
>>    M /trunk/Makefile.am
>>
>> oops me being stupid, forgot this part
>>
>>  > http://trac.videolan.org/vlc/changeset/20176
>
> I am really really really BORED with you recommitting stuff that is
> known and noted to be broken and/or non-sensical. Yet AGAIN.

The commit is made because the build fails on srtp when a system doesn't
have libgcrypt installed (or doesn't need it). My initial comment was
wrong, which courmisch rightfully replied. However that doesn't fix the
broken compile. See attached buildlog (file srtp.txt) which is why I
think this commit should be done. Or if someone knows a better solution
to solve this in another way, then please let me know.

> That you make money out of VLC is not a good reason

That is not the issue here. We have a technical difference of opinion,
why do you keep making differences so personal?

> to despise and waste

Why do you think so low of yourself? I do not despise you.

> my free time. Do you have any idea of how many hours of my time is sunk
> into maintaining the build system?

> I've had enough of this. Have fun maintaining the build system, because
> I will not be paying any attention to it as of now. We shall see the
> sorrier state of VLC in a few months.

Kind greetings,
Jean-Paul Saman.