[vlc-devel] Re: problems linking an using mediacontrol API

Pierre d'Herbemont pdherbemont at free.fr
Fri May 18 20:15:37 CEST 2007

On 18 mai 07, at 20:05, Juan Manuel Lopez Baio wrote:

> "Hello World, don't crash on me"
>
> Hello people,
>
> I just started fooling around with some libvlc code, and I'm having
> some trouble. First of all, when I try to compile a program that uses
> the mediacontrol API, it throws me undefined references to all API
> functions, eventhough I'm linking with -lvlc. If I add -shared, then
> it links, but throws a Segmentation Fault even if the program doesn't
> do anything but return 0 in main().

For the linking part you need to provide also at least the core
modules as Library. I also suggest here to look at what is done for
the Mac OS X Framework.

http://git.videolan.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=vlc-
soc.git;a=blob;f=extras/MacOSX/Framework/
Makefile;h=7000a08cd1f12a748826d71da0d027d170b03e6d;hb=pdherbemont_branc

Pierre.