[vlc-devel] Re: problems linking an using mediacontrol API

Olivier Aubert olivier.aubert at liris.cnrs.fr
Fri May 18 23:36:32 CEST 2007

> ok, I installed the svn version 0.9.0, corrected the call to
> mediacontrol_new adding the argc param, and try to compile with
> -lvlc `vlc-config --libs external`
> or
> -lvlc `vlc-config --cflags external --libs external`
> or all its combinations, and I inexorably get
> .cpp:33: undefined reference to `mediacontrol_exception_init'
> .cpp:34: undefined reference to `mediacontrol_new'
> .cpp:35: undefined reference to `mediacontrol_playlist_add_item'
> .cpp:40: undefined reference to `mediacontrol_start'
> Am I missing something or is it a problem of my own?
Funny, I already saw this problem but it was when compiling on MacOS X,
and I thought it was a mac-specific problem. Apparently not. I did not
solve it, having only a limited-time access to a mac.

I am compiling the python bindings on debian/testing, and they are also
compiled on win32 (with mingw32). If I can reproduce it, I will
investigate this.

Olivier