[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r20216 (courmisch)

Damien Fouilleul damien.fouilleul at laposte.net
Mon May 21 11:19:39 CEST 2007

Subversion daemon wrote:
> r20216 | courmisch | 2007-05-19 22:31:02 +0200 (Sat, 19 May 2007) | 3 lines
> Changed paths:
>    M /trunk/src/audio_output/intf.c
>
> Make saved-volume variable a per-libvlc instance rather than per-system process variable.
> I find the original semantic a bit suspicious, but someone should really double check this commit and revert if needed.
>
>  > http://trac.videolan.org/vlc/changeset/20216

Although I have no problem with this commit, it seems that automatic
'volume-saving' is a bad idea, especially in a context where multiple
instance of libvlc exists in the same application (i am thinking web
plugins), i'd rather see configuration option akin to 'save volume on
quit' which can be turned on/off by the user (and by the plugin)

Damien