[vlc-devel] Re: Compile VLC for debugging

Herman Schultz herman.schultz at gmail.com
Tue May 22 23:11:14 CEST 2007

Hi,

I ' ./configure --enable-debug' and then 'make',
but when I run the final 'vlc', I get  'File format not recognized' error.

$ gdb ./vlc
GNU gdb 6.6-debian
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "i486-linux-gnu"...
"/home/herman/src/vlc-trunk/vlc": not in executable format: File format not
recognized

can you please help how can I run vlc under debugger?

Thank you.