[vlc-devel] Integration of vlc into Red5 - What revision to use?

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Thu Nov 1 16:38:23 CET 2007

hello,

On Thu, Nov 01, 2007, Alexander Bethke wrote :
> don't want to spam the devel list, just thought that might be right here.
> I am planning an integration of vlc into the Red5 streaming server
> (Flash video), to get streaming Flash video out of the sandbox and
> connected to the rest of the world, especially the mobile one. When
> Adobe already doesn't do it... I'll do it as my final work on
> polytechnic, hopefully not a bad idea.
What about integrating red5 rtmp support in vlc ? :) Just kidding.

> Could somebody try to help me finding the right revision for building,
> that fulfils my rather complicated requirements.
> - flv muxing has to be working still of course, hence before 31.08.2007?
> - java bindings have to work, so before the change to media instances?
> - ffmpeg should be as new as possible as nellymoser and vp6 decoding are
> essential in the Flash environment
> - I am building ffmpeg with amr support
It think you should take one of the latest revisions of ffmpeg, because
of NellyMoser being added lately.
For live55, I don't realy know if this is a matter.
About flv muxing, I don't know if someone has already found the culprit
commit, but you should take the latest working one?
About java bindings, well, I don't know.

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/