[vlc-devel] building with java bindings

Diego Sanchez Gallo dsgallo at larc.usp.br
Tue Nov 6 17:35:18 CET 2007

Hi Tony,

since you work with jvlc on windows, maybe you can help me with my issue...
I'm trying to use the VLM part of jVLC, to do a simple video streaming...
and I got stuck in the following problem...

I'm trying this:

        JVLC jvlc = new JVLC(options);
        try {
            jvlc.vlm.addBroadcast("Test channel", "E:\\video.mpg",
"#duplicate{dst=std{access=rtp,mux=ts,dst=224.123.111.120:1234}}", null,
true, false);
        } catch (VLCException e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        }

and I'm getting the following exception:

org.videolan.jvlc.VLCException: Media Test channel creation failed
    at org.videolan.jvlc.VLM._addBroadcast(Native Method)
    at org.videolan.jvlc.VLM.addBroadcast(VLM.java:39)
    at test.Test.main(Test.java:19)

I tried to identify what is this issue and what to do to fix it but I
couldn't find a solution... neither on the list nor trying to debug the
aplication and looking inside the C code... So I would like to know if you
have any idea in what could be the reason for this error... The video file
is there and I already tried to use other formats (like file://E:/video.mpg)
with no success... I've also tried to stream through unicast instead of
multicast but got the same error...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Diego