[vlc-devel] building with java bindings

Tony Anecito adanecito at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 6 18:57:56 CET 2007

Hi Diego,

I am using JVLC as a viewer but not as a server for
streaming out video. I have had recent problems with
JVLC but it was as mentioned not having a native
window available. In the process of doing that I
discovered there is a jni call to describe the
exception that might help. The issue is the vlc code
trying to indicate a problem but the java code not
handling it and I got an exception pending error and
the jre crashed.
This might be different than your issue. The JVLC team
is working on updateing the interfaces to the native
vlc methods and it might be done in two week.

Hope the jni describeException call can help.

Regards,
-Tony

--- Diego Sanchez Gallo <dsgallo at larc.usp.br> wrote:

> Hi Tony,
>
> since you work with jvlc on windows, maybe you can
> help me with my issue...
> I'm trying to use the VLM part of jVLC, to do a
> simple video streaming...
> and I got stuck in the following problem...
>
> I'm trying this:
>
>         JVLC jvlc = new JVLC(options);
>         try {
>             jvlc.vlm.addBroadcast("Test channel",
> "E:\\video.mpg",

"#duplicate{dst=std{access=rtp,mux=ts,dst=224.123.111.120:1234}}",