[vlc-devel] get a module id

Rafaël Carré funman at videolan.org
Wed Nov 7 16:54:41 CET 2007

Le Wed, 07 Nov 2007 14:37:32 +0100,
Gildas Fargeas <gfargeas at irisa.fr> a écrit :

> Hello,
> i'm modifying 2 modules of vlc in a custom way and i'd like to share
> variables between these 2 modules.
> The 2 modules i modify are :
> - wxwidgets interface module
> - duplicate stream_out module
>
> I'd like to get some values stored in my interface into my duplicate
> module. I'd like to know how to retrieve a pointer to the
> vlc_object_t corrresponding to the module i want (then i'll be able
> to get the values i want)
> Thank you

The correct way is to create a variable in the duplicate object
creation, set it to what you want from wxwidgets, after you created the
duplicate object, and then retrieve it in duplicate.

It's not correct to access an interface from another object, that works
the other way around: interface access other objects.