[vlc-devel] get a module id

Antoine Cellerier dionoea at videolan.org
Sun Nov 11 19:47:08 CET 2007

On Wed, Nov 07, 2007, Gildas Fargeas wrote:
> I'd like to get some values stored in my interface into my duplicate module.
> I'd like to know how to retrieve a pointer to the vlc_object_t
> corrresponding to the module i want (then i'll be able to get the values
> i want)

You can use vlc_object_find to find your object if it's the only of its
type (but that's unlikely since you'll likely have the duplicate module
as well as other stream output modules). Another solution would be to
use vlc_object_find_name using "duplicate" as the name (this is only
possible in VLC 0.9.0, that function wasn't available in earlier
versions).

--
Antoine Cellerier
dionoea