[vlc-devel] trouble building vlc on leopard intel os x

Andi Vajda vajda at osafoundation.org
Sat Nov 10 01:27:35 CET 2007

    Hi,

I'm trying to build vlc from svn sources on Intel Mac OS X 10.5 following the
instructions at http://wiki.videolan.org/OSXCompile.

I'm getting the error below while building the main tree. The contribs built
fine, although one failed with a similar error which I resolved by adding
--disable-asm to its configure script invocation.

    ld: absolute addressing (perhaps -mdynamic-no-pic) used in _rgb24tobgr24_MMX
    from /Users/vajda/tmp/vlc/./extras/contrib/lib/libswscale.a(rgb2rgb.o) not
    allowed in slidable image

Is anyone else having this problem ? What would be a solution ?

Thanks !

Andi..