[vlc-devel] trouble building vlc on leopard intel os x

Pierre d'Herbemont pdherbemont at free.fr
Sat Nov 10 11:11:08 CET 2007

On Nov 10, 2007, at 1:27 AM, Andi Vajda wrote:

> I'm trying to build vlc from svn sources on Intel Mac OS X 10.5
> following the
> instructions at http://wiki.videolan.org/OSXCompile.
>
> I'm getting the error below while building the main tree. The
> contribs built
> fine, although one failed with a similar error which I resolved by
> adding
> --disable-asm to its configure script invocation.
>
>    ld: absolute addressing (perhaps -mdynamic-no-pic) used in
> _rgb24tobgr24_MMX
>    from /Users/vajda/tmp/vlc/./extras/contrib/lib/
> libswscale.a(rgb2rgb.o) not
>    allowed in slidable image
>
> Is anyone else having this problem ? What would be a solution ?

Hi Andi,

This is an ld64 bug. This one might be fixed in next Xcode release
depending on Apple engineering team.

For the mean time I may commit some assembler fix. An other solution
would be to use the Mac OS X 10.4u SDK, with the old ld_classic. But I
can't get that solution to work properly.

Pierre.