[vlc-devel] multiple aout instances?

Remi Denis-Courmont rdenis at simphalempin.com
Fri Nov 16 10:12:26 CET 2007

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 01:49:43 +0100, "Artem Baguinski" <artm at v2.nl> wrote:
> which I don't expect to break anything, but correct me if I'm wrong.
> this attaches the aout to decoder instead of the libvlc instance, that
> is necessary for aout instances to be able to find their properties
> set with "setup ... option ..." in vlm.

Not sure actually. Is the audio output respawned for any new codec?
I would have expected that some "quick" codec change would re-use the
existing the aout rather than create a new one, so long as the
audio output format out of the decoder is still the same (PCM, same
sample rate, same channels).

http://www.remlab.net