[vlc-devel] Request for Comment: mozilla firefox plugin (linux)

Rafaël Carré funman at videolan.org
Tue Nov 20 17:12:19 CET 2007

Le Tue, 20 Nov 2007 16:06:24 +0100,
Jasper <j.alias at student.hhs.nl> a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> A while back we mentioned we'll be working on adding control buttons
> for the firefox plugin under linux. Well we've been buisy trying to
> figure a lot of stuff out and we managed the first few small steps
> foreward: Creating space for drawing the buttons in.
> Catching onClick event and binding it to the play/pauze control.

congratulations !

> So now I submit out first bit of code, it adds a small white bar
> under videostreams and clicking in it triggers play/pauze. Now we
> must look into working with the mouse coörds for different events,
> how to implement a search bar and drawing something more grafical for
> buttons.
>
> We ask for a bit of comment: are we working in the right direction,
> and if not what do we do wrong? And furthermore this is the time to
> point us in a direction concerning the grafics.

I think that it would be much simpler to use a toolkit library.
Can't XUL be used to do that ? It's already in mozilla so no need for
an other external library, and it is cross platform ;)

> We appreciate any and all comments

When you send patches it's better to send diff output:

svn diff > mozilla-controls.diff

> Jasper Alias & Frans van

Thanks ;)

--