[vlc-devel] Automatically download subtitles in VLC

Jean-Philippe ANDRÉ jpeg at via.ecp.fr
Thu Nov 22 19:08:33 CET 2007

Hello everybody !

I am currently coding a fun feature for VLC : download automatically
subtitles for the media we are playing.

Some people told me about coding such a feature on IRC . The principle
is simple : a list of subtitles is downloaded from opensubtitles.org, then
we [the user] chose one of them and a zipped file containing the
subtitles is downloaded from opensubtitles.org, extracted, and we get our
subtitles.

But there is a problem : subtitles files might infringe copyright. I
don't really know.

Best regards,

--
Jean-Philippe André - JPeg