[vlc-devel] vlc: svn commit r22437 (funman)

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Mon Oct 8 18:48:54 CEST 2007

On Tue, Oct 09, 2007, John Dalgliesh wrote :
> >By the way I noticed there was a lot of places where shared libraries
> >are used. We should review it, and build only static libraries when
> >there is one and only one module using that lib.
> >
> >I'll ask details to j-b, who maintains the contribs.
>
> OK that makes sense, because the modules are shared libraries themselves
> (right?)
There is no particular reasons to do so, except that it simplifies the
big contrib Makefile to just do ./configure; make; make install.
Howevere, with some libraries some part don't compile or don't cross
compile, so we have to make -c something, and make install -c something,
and have a longer configure. So the thing gets more and more complicated
and might change from one release to another...

Best Regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/