[vlc-devel] Java Bindings proposed build patches

Tony Anecito adanecito at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 13 07:24:27 CEST 2007

Hi JVLC team,

I was able to get the jvlc.dll to be created under
Cygwin by making the following changes to the
Makefile.am and the Makefile.in files.

Feel free to use if it is helpfull. If you make
changes to the versions in svn let me know if you want
me to test to see if the build works under Cygwin.

I do not know how the Makefile.in is created so thus
do not know the source that might need to be modified
depending upon your recommendations for the proposed
changes.

Regards,
-Tony

Makefile.am -
1. Added name to -D option
  was: libjvlc.dll.a libjvlc.def:
	$(DLLTOOL) -z libjvlc.def -l libjvlc.dll.a -D $<
$(libjvlc_a_OBJECTS)

  is:
     libjvlc.dll.a libjvlc.def:
	$(DLLTOOL) -z libjvlc.def -l libjvlc.dll.a -D
jvlc.dll $< $(libjvlc_a_OBJECTS)

2. Added control dll library
  was: LIBRARIES_libvlc =
$(top_builddir)/src/.libs/libvlc.dll.a

  is: LIBRARIES_libvlc =
$(top_builddir)/src/.libs/libvlc.dll.a
$(abs_top_srcdir)/src/.libs/libvlc-control.dll.a

Makefile.in -

1. Initialized libjvlc_a_OBJECTS
   is:
am_libjvlc_a_OBJECTS = ./.libs/libjvlc_la-audio-jni.o
./.libs/libjvlc_la-core-jni.o \
	./.libs/libjvlc_la-graphics-jni.o
./.libs/libjvlc_la-input-jni.o \
	./.libs/libjvlc_la-playlist-jni.o
./.libs/libjvlc_la-utils.o \
	./.libs/libjvlc_la-video-jni.o
./.libs/libjvlc_la-vlm-jni.o \
	./.libs/libjvlc_la-callback-jni.o
libjvlc_a_OBJECTS = $(am_libjvlc_a_OBJECTS)

2. Corrected path to libvlc.dll.a
  was:
@BUILD_JAVA_TRUE@@HAVE_WIN32_TRUE at LIBRARIES_libvlc =
$(top_builddir)/src/libvlc.dll.a

  is:
@BUILD_JAVA_TRUE@@HAVE_WIN32_TRUE at LIBRARIES_libvlc =
$(top_builddir)/src/.libs/libvlc.dll.a

3. modified all-am to include creation of jvlc.def
 added: JVLCDEF = libjvlc.def libjvlc.dll.a
 was: all-am: Makefile $(LTLIBRARIES) $(DATA)
  is: all-am: Makefile $(LTLIBRARIES) $(JVLCDEF)
$(DATA)