[vlc-devel] vlc: svn commit r22680 (jpsaman)

Alexis Ballier aballier at gentoo.org
Fri Oct 19 09:38:30 CEST 2007

> This test will always fail on my system even if libswcale.a is
> installed. It failed the link part of the test.

weird

> If ffmpeg always installs libswscale.pc and swscale.h then IMHO
> ffmpeg should be fixed to not do that when --enable-swscaler is used.

it had been proposed several times on ffmpeg-devel ml iirc, and it had
been rejected, I don't remember why though. And if you ask me, there
are other things that could be fixed with --enable-swscaler wrt
abi/api handling.

> The old img_* interface in newer ffmpeg is marked depreceated and is
> replaced by sws_* based interface. For vlc is it thus natural to move
> on to the new interface and drop the old one.

yep, I just wanted to make sure vlc now requires swscaled ffmpeg,
because it wasn't clear to me ;)

Alexis.