[vlc-devel] vlc: svn commit r22680 (jpsaman)

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at nxtelevision.com
Fri Oct 19 17:50:23 CEST 2007

On Fri, Oct 19, 07 at 07:30 +0200, Jean-Paul Saman wrote:
> > iirc doing like this breaks compatibility with ffmpegs compiled without
> > --enable-swscaler
> > swscale.h is always installed, and so is libswscale.pc, thus the tests
> > will succeed and vlc will try to use the swscale api
>
> This test will always fail on my system even if libswcale.a is
> installed. It failed the link part of the test.
Can we have the logs?

> If ffmpeg always installs libswscale.pc and swscale.h then IMHO ffmpeg
> should be fixed to not do that when --enable-swscaler is used.
As Alexis said I and some others asked but it was refused for some
reasons ( i remember to disagree with those reasons but didn't managed
to convince them)

> The old img_* interface in newer ffmpeg is marked depreceated and is
> replaced by sws_* based interface. For vlc is it thus natural to move on
> to the new interface and drop the old one.

IIRC all the chroma converters in vlc are/were not yet being converter to
swscale so being able to compile with the old version is/was a good
point. If it's effectively a things of the past. why not forcing
swscale.
But the issue remains that we needs to compile to be sure to have a
ffmpeg with a real swscale

--
Xtophe