[vlc-devel] osx / svn 22733 / qt4

Benjamin Sergeant bsergean at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 02:59:32 CEST 2007

Hi all,

Just give a try to compile vlc on osx. I have it running but:

 - I had to manually set a path for pkgconfig.
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.3.1//lib/pkgconfig

One could do something like that to retrieve that from qmake.

# [bsergean at scratchy ~]$ qmake -v
# QMake version 2.01a
# Using Qt version 4.3.0rc1 in /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.3.0rc1/lib
QT_PKG_CONFIG_PATH=`qmake -v | awk 'NR ==2 {print $NF}'`/pkgconfig

 - I had to modify vlc-config to replace:

bad: -lQtCore -lQtGui
good: -framework QtCore -framework QtGui

And I don't know why but WebKit/webkit.h is not found, while building
modules/gui/macosx

So I did a brute force Makefile edit and removed every subdirs but qt4.

Then I got vlc building.
When I open a file, I just have the audio output, no video. I also got
it crashed. Is there something like a raw framebuffer widget for
displaying video, that I missed ... ?

Benjamin.

ps:
Why using a custom filedialog for file open ? (instead of the default
Qt QFileDialog::getOpenFileName)
I personaly find the regular file dialog nicer. I noticed a single
option, add subtitles, that could go in a preference panel.

For whatever reasons, the filedialog got maximized in height, and the
output looks quite surprising. And I cannot resize it later.