[vlc-devel] osx / svn 22733 / qt4

Benjamin Sergeant bsergean at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 03:30:58 CEST 2007

On 10/20/07, Benjamin Sergeant <bsergean at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just give a try to compile vlc on osx. I have it running but:
>
>  - I had to manually set a path for pkgconfig.
> export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.3.1//lib/pkgconfig
>
> One could do something like that to retrieve that from qmake.
>
> # [bsergean at scratchy ~]$ qmake -v
> # QMake version 2.01a
> # Using Qt version 4.3.0rc1 in /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.3.0rc1/lib
> QT_PKG_CONFIG_PATH=`qmake -v | awk 'NR ==2 {print $NF}'`/pkgconfig
>
>  - I had to modify vlc-config to replace:
>
> bad: -lQtCore -lQtGui
> good: -framework QtCore -framework QtGui
>
> And I don't know why but WebKit/webkit.h is not found, while building
> modules/gui/macosx
>
> So I did a brute force Makefile edit and removed every subdirs but qt4.

Problem here:
[benjadrine at ravioli vlc-trunk]$ cp -rf VLC.app ~/sandbox/
cp: VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/modules/libmacosx_plugin.dylib: No such
file or directory
cp: VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/modules/libminimal_macosx_plugin.dylib: No
such file or directory

I also have a problem with the icon in the dock. If I drag'n'drop the
vlc.app folder to the doc, I have a nice icon. But when I run it, the
icon is weird.

There is a qmake

Last, drag'n'dropping files on the icon dock does not load it:
There is this document:
http://chaos.troll.no/~ahanssen/devdays2007/BringingYourAppToTheMac.pdf
that tells how to do that.

I think you just have to add this to the code, and do the right thing
in the (do your file stuff).

bool MyApplication::event(QEvent *event)
{
    switch (event->type()) {
    case QEvent::FileOpen:
        QString fileName =
static_cast<QFileOpenEvent *>(event)->file();
    // ... (do your file stuff)
return true;
     default:
  return QApplication::event(event);