[vlc-devel] libvlc_new arguments?

Pierre d'Herbemont pdherbemont at free.fr
Sun Oct 21 12:23:27 CEST 2007

On Oct 21, 2007, at 10:39 AM, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:

> Apparently, libvlc_new() ignores its first argument (argv[0]). But
> the "documentation" reports the contrary...

I think we can safely say this is ignored on linux but not on Darwin/
Windows/BeOS. I may be mistaken here, but if I recall well vlc path
is only set on Darwin/Windows/BeOS in the misc/*_specific.c files.

Moreover on Mac OS X we have some specific code to spot the
framework. And for the other platforms it depends: WinCE ignore argv
[0] whereas Win32 uses it...

Hope this helps,

Pierre.