[vlc-devel] [RFC] stream output MTU

Marian Ďurkovič md at bts.sk
Mon Sep 3 11:24:36 CEST 2007

Hi,

   in the past I've commited a few fixes that account for IP, UDP and RTP
headers - see:

#define MTU_REDUCE 50

Unless those were removed, value of 1500 should be fine, since it gives
1450 after MTU_REDUCE, which is fine for IPv6 as well.

It's well known that ethernet MTU is 1500, having some other value might
create unnecessary confusion.

     With kind regards,

        M.

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 15:00:33 +0300, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote