[vlc-devel] Does VLC have this kind of remote control feature?

ChengYQ crashboat at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 24 10:02:25 CEST 2007

Hi,

I have two PCs with both running vlc. PC A with linux OS sends digital camera video via UDP; PC B with Windows XP receives UDP video and display it. Because PC A is located remotely, I want to stop/start vlc as well as stop/start sending video data on PC A from PC B. Does vlc have this feature? If yes, how to do it; if no, I also have a seperate TCP connection between PC A and PC B, can I use another application to stop/start vlc with certain function, i.e. sending data to a specific PC by UDP?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

Yours
Jay