[vlc-devel] Does VLC have this kind of remote control feature?

Mirsal ENNAIME mirsal.ennaime at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 21:06:26 CEST 2007

On 9/24/07, ChengYQ <crashboat at hotmail.com> wrote:
>  If the telnet is insecure, I will try to write a simple program using
> libvlc with TCP function, so that I can start/stop the vlc function as
> needed. I've done this in Windows, I hope it is the same in Linux.

Hi,
If you don't mind using the svn version, instead of using libvlc, you
could take advantage of the currently under development dbus module.
VLC is in the process of being an MPRIS-aware media player. You can
find the spec here: http://wiki.xmms2.xmms.se/index.php/MPRIS

It would make your code even more trivial to write and media-player independent.
--
Mirsal ENNAIME