[vlc-devel] Releases plan?

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Sat Sep 29 18:22:00 CEST 2007

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 12, 2007, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote :
> Given that every second developper appears to have jumped ship, it is hardly
> surprising that we are way behind schedule :-( Worst yet, we are still far
> from even -test1, mostly due to:
> - Qt interface still incomplete and very unstable (as far as I can tell),
> - input/playlist code hardly better.
>
> On the bright side, we have "fixed" well over 100 tickets :-) Problem is, that
> there are still almost as many open tickets against the 0.9.0 branch. At this
> point, I pretty much feel like postponing any ticket that does not
> say "regression" or is not in "assigned" state.
>
> The thing is, we will optimistically not release in 2007, which means more
> than a year from the previous complete release. At this rate, we'll soon beat
> Debian...
What about we make a feature deadline, branch and stabilize it?
So we could go on breaking everything in the trunk (new playlist for pierre)
and we could stop the contribs...

The Qt4 code is not yet perfect, but the difficult parts are done, I
think. And help is welcome.

Best Regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf