[vlc-devel] vlc and multiproto

Claudio Luck cluck at ethz.ch
Thu Apr 3 13:23:12 CEST 2008

Gregor Fuis wrote:
> I would like to know if vlc works with dvb multiproto api. If not, does
> patch for vlc and multiproto api already exists.

I'm doing a project on that and have working code. This project is due
for mid April so expect me to clean up and publish the patches these days.

But the code is not yet ready for inclusion in the official VLC: the
code breaks backwards compatibility, i.e. it does nothing but fail if
VLC is compiled against Multiproto API but the running Kernel only
features the traditional API.

--
Claudio Luck