[vlc-devel] vlc and multiproto

Gregor Fuis gujs.lists at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 14:12:18 CEST 2008

Claudio Luck wrote:
> Gregor Fuis wrote:
>
>> I would like to know if vlc works with dvb multiproto api. If not, does
>> patch for vlc and multiproto api already exists.
>>

> I'm doing a project on that and have working code. This project is due
> for mid April so expect me to clean up and publish the patches these days.
>
> But the code is not yet ready for inclusion in the official VLC: the
> code breaks backwards compatibility, i.e. it does nothing but fail if
> VLC is compiled against Multiproto API but the running Kernel only
> features the traditional API.

Hi Claudio,

I did a litle investigation about patching for multiproto. I dont know
if you have this information, but it is all listed in dvb wiki page:
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Multiproto#How_to_patch_an_application_for_Multiproto

You could look at there and in a getstream application which has built
in dvb support for both api. If you need some tester or some help (but
not very good c coder) for your existing code I have KNC 1 DVB-S2 card,
so just tell me and I will do what you need.

Thanks for sharing your info with me!