[vlc-devel] missing attribution in vlc-0.8.6f/src/misc/charset.c

Remi Denis-Courmont rdenis at simphalempin.com
Fri Apr 4 11:19:14 CEST 2008

   Bruno,

On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 03:35:44 +0200, Bruno Haible <bruno at clisp.org> wrote:
> The file src/misc/charset.c (in the vlc-0.8.6f distribution,
> also in git [1]) is missing some copyright and author attribution.
> The file is in part derived from the localcharset.c file that was
> created for GNU libcharset (part of GNU libiconv) and now lives in
> GNU gnulib [2].

I hope Raphaël has addressed your concerns (I am quite busy). We have a
policy to abide by the fair rules of copyrights, and such an oversight is
not acceptable. It seems that DJ Hartman imported the code to VLC from one
intermediary project. Did you check if that one was also fixed?

Regards,

http://www.remlab.net