[vlc-devel] commit: small rebert for i_length, enables to get meta itags from mp4 again . (Ilkka Ollakka )

Ilkka Ollakka ilkka.ollakka+vlc at oamk.fi
Sat Apr 12 00:52:19 CEST 2008

On pe 11. huhtikuuta 2008 23:16:07, Rafaël Carré wrote:
> Le Fri, 11 Apr 2008 23:00:29 +0200 (CEST),
> git at videolan.org (git version control) a écrit :
>
> > vlc | branch: master | Ilkka Ollakka <ileoo at videolan.org> | Fri Apr
> > 11 23:57:57 2008 +0300| [e4d12029b07243b6ef4b14ffd51d4461ba211ca0]
> >
> > small rebert for i_length, enables to get meta itags from mp4 again.
>
> > -    i_length = i16 + 1;
> > +    i_length = i16;
>
> Can you describe what was going on ?
> This variable only holds the length of the tag, so I don't see how it
> harms.

 Actually it didn't read itags with that +1, on next if-check it checks
 itunes/quicktime tags if i_length <=0, and it was earlier correctly. so
 all that +1 affected there, was that it missed some itunes tags. that
 i_length there didn't affect any reading length, as it is only used for
 indicading tag-type from itunes tags and other, if I'm not totally lost
 how it behaves.

> Did you have tags 1 byte long ?
> Don't you miss the last character now ?

Actually no, because reading/size checking is done afterward and
i_length is adjusted accordingly there (line 2195). So all the
characters should fit still correctly onboard (and I didn't notice any
last character droping out).

--
Ilkka Ollakka
Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.