[vlc-devel] In vlc_object_find_name what is the parameter p_this?

jboileau jboileau at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 15:19:14 CEST 2008

Hi,

A while back Antoine Cellerier suggestetd using this code to access plugins:

vlc_object_t *p_obj = vlc_object_find_name( p_this, "marq", FIND_ANYWHERE );
var_SetString( p_obj, "marq-marquee", "Hi!" );

But can't figure out what p_this should be. To put things into
context: I use libvlc-control.dll to do most of what I need but
accessing the plugins is not supported. So I am trying to use
libvlc.dll functions to do this but I don't know what to use for
p_this. I have tried using the libvlc_instance_t I have created using
libvlc_new but it doesn't seem to work (it crashes).

Thanks,

Jacques Boileau